Frequently Asked Questions
1. When was Saath Established?
Saath was registered as a Charitable Trust in February 1989, hence it’s 25 years old.
2. What is Saath’s Vision?
Saath envisions inclusive and empowered communities and individuals.
3. What is Saath’s mission?
To make human settlements equitable living environments where all residents and vulnerable people have access to health, education, essential infrastructure services and livelihood options, irrespective of their economic and social status.
4. What is unique about Saath? How is it different from other non-profit organisation’s?
SAATH conceptualized the Integrated Development Programme for the slums of Ahmedabad in 1989. Since then it has aimed at facilitating participatory processes that would improve the quality of life for the urban and rural poor. Each programme within Saath has following unique characteristics:
- Market Based Solutions
- Active Community Involvement from Planning to Implementation and Long term sustenance
- Co-Investment from Community
- Integrated Solutions and Linkages
5. What is Saath’s approach?
Saath pioneered the Integrated Community Development Programme in 1989, an initiative to turn slums into vibrant neighbourhoods. Saath caters to multiple needs of poor by providing them with one-stop centres, through which they have access to services such as health, education, micro finance and affordable housing.
Since 2007, Saath’s focus has been strengthening the community, building up leadership skills and overall development of the community. The new approach of Saath for the coming years is to work for vulnerable youth and women of the society. Saath will also focus on the betterment of vulnerable people reaching out to the bottom of the pyramid.
6. Who are Saath’s beneficiaries?
Saath works with Slum Residents, Migrants, Minorities, Children, Women, Youth and Vulnerable people in Urban and Rural areas.
7. How much is the participation of community in Saath’s programmes?
Communities are an integral part of all of Saath’s programmes as most of our staff comes from the community itself where the programme is running. Many of our beneficiaries have joined Saath after seeing our work. Also, while running a programme focused group discussions are done with the community people at various levels so as to check whether the programme is creating required impact or not.
8. Which are the current programmes of Saath?
Saath runs programs in various sectors. Current programmes include
- Livelihoods – Udaan, Nirman, Urmila, Youth Force, RWeaves
- Health and Education – Child Friendly Spaces, Balghars, Sujal Water project
- Urban Resource Centre
- Housing – Griha Pravesh (Affordable Housing), Housing Rights
- Rehabilitation and Resettlement – EWS Housing
- Microfinance – Saath Savings and Credit Cooperative Society Ltd. and Saath Women Savings and Credit Cooperative Society Ltd.
- Night Shelter
9. What are the sources of funding of Saath?
Saath has funding partnerships with Government, Institutional Funders, Foreign Foundations, Banking sector, CSR, NGOs and Individual Donors. Also we get funds online through Give India and Global Giving portals.
10. How can I donate to Saath?
You can donate to Saath on our online portals by clicking on links given below:
Or you can contact our Fundraising Coordinator – Ms. Vama Rajpal at firstname.lastname@example.org
11. Is Saath registered for tax exemption?
Yes, Saath has 80G for 50% tax exemption.
12. How can I get associated with Saath?
Saath is always open to volunteers coming from all fields all around the year who can give their valuable contribution to us. Do email us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org for getting associated with us.
13. What about internships at Saath?
Internships at SAATH are a golden opportunity for students and development professionals from around the world to experience working with a grass-root level organisation and thus contribute to issues such as livelihoods, education, health and urban and rural development.
Internships at Saath are open all the year round and for any duration suitable to the intens. For any questions regarding the internship just send us a mail at email@example.com. You can download the internship form by clicking here. Send the filled form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
14. What is the Geographical coverage area of Saath?
Saath is present in 3 States of India Gujarat, Rajasthan and Maharashtra. Please refer to the map in ‘About Saath‘ page to see our programme wise coverage area